Saturday, February 13, 2010

SOMETIMES IT SUCKS TO BE A SINGLETON

Fever – chills – and other unpleasant symptoms, all due to a recent virus. I wasn’t able to eat so I felt weak and a bit dizzy. I had been suffering for about 14 hours when the thought occurred to me that I could faint the next time that I rose out of bed. There would be no one to find me.

The next time I got up to use the restroom, I procured the phone and placed it at my bedside – at least I would have a better chance at calling for help if it were needed. The ol’ “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” situation. I would then have to heave myself downstairs and unlock a door so that the EMT crew could enter or they would have to break the door down. Not a pleasant option. Plus, I would be heartbroken if the cats ran outside.

Thankfully, I recovered before having to call for aid. I regret residing alone when I am ill, lonely, needing romance, or could use assistance with a project. As an introvert, I expend a lot of energy when I interact with others so it’s nice to come home to a quiet environment. I always planned to find a partner but that didn’t happen so I bought a house on my own. I adore the felines, but they didn’t even bring me soup during my illness. Sometimes, I just don’t want to be alone. Another lonely Valentines Day. Sniff, sniff…

Time to buy myself some Toblerone or Godiva chocolate.
© 2010

No comments: