Monday, August 2, 2010

GOTTA HAVE GOALS

GOAL #1 JOB SEARCH: Conduct job-search related activities at least five times per week.
GOAL #2 PHYSICAL: Engage in physical movement at least five times per week.
GOAL #3 CHORE: Accomplish a chore at least five times per week.
GOAL #4 SOCIAL: Socialize at least once per week.

Obtain a full-time job before December 1st, 2010. The sooner the better! I do need enough income to pay the bills since the cats won’t work. I need benefits, such as health insurance. Most importantly, the job will occur in a positive work atmosphere where I am truly appreciated.

More details about the goals: Job searching is abstract. I send out my resume and wonder if a human ever reads it. Physical movement includes yard-work, house cleaning, or walking. I need to sweat at least a little. I admit to being rather out of shape so it will take me a while before I am ready for heavy-duty cardio-stuff. Chores are something tangible such as organizing a closet. If the chore is physically active enough it will also count as physical movement. Socializing will focus on no or low cost activity with at least one other person who I know.

I am posting these goals to help keep me accountable. However, I don’t know if anyone is reading this blog. If you are, please follow it. Thanks!
© 2010

No comments: