Wednesday, November 24, 2010

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE

Thankfulness for every day of existence is an attitude of gratitude. Perfection is an unattainable illusion. I have so much abundance in my life. However, I am a realist.

I’m no “Pollyanna” (she refused to acknowledge that the negative exists). Yes, I encounter trials and tribulations every day but a negative attitude will only cause problems. I take responsibility for the problems that I have caused and try to avoid repeating the same mistake. I cannot control every variable in my life, but I control how I react.

Unemployment sucks but I’m grateful for the small unemployment insurance check that I receive on a weekly basis. I’m glad that I practiced frugality during the past two years so that I have some savings to draw down on each month to pay bills. I only purchase necessities and have turned down the thermostat to 50 degrees. The two cats cuddle extra close for warmth, which is nice. I like lap kitties, they tend to purr more and want their tummy rubbed. I miss Momo but I’m glad that she was part of my life for six years.

My physical health is okay. I need to lose weight but other than that I’m okay. My mental health doesn’t like cloudy days but I am happy that I have a full-spectrum light to trick my brain into thinking that the daylight is longer. Seasonal Affective Disorder was diagnosed a long time ago so I know how to reduce the symptoms. It is much better than suffering from the winter blues.

What are you thankful for?
© 2010

No comments: