My job search can be humorous at times. This is a real job description. I’ve changed a few items so that the name of the store is not apparent. It made me laugh.
***** GUEST GURU DESCRIPTION *****
THE MISSION OF A GURU (the function):
Gurus at our business do just that! They inform! Their main role is to effectively educate our in-store students about our product, our culture and communities. By educating guests we empower them to make decisions for themselves based on the facts that we offer them. By doing this, the guesswork is taken out of shopping for customers, and a ‘Cool, for me!’ guest experience is created, leaving customers with the knowledge to educate others on behalf of our business. Authentic conversations are key to delivering the ultimate guest experience by relaying your experiences with our products to the guest. Involvement in teamwork is highly emphasized and the focus is placed on turning a ‘no’ into a ‘yes’ whenever possible.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A GURU (the responsibilities):
Education and Guest Experience:
• Provides guests with world-class ‘education’ and guest experience in the areas of product, culture, and community by speaking authentically about product use through their own experiences
• Product Education: communicates special features, benefits, fabric properties, usage, and best care instructions
• Culture Education: ‘demonstrates’, the culture held within the company, including: attitude of fun, respect, support, empowerment, encouragement, passion, interaction with other staff, and in-store discussion of lifestyle (i.e. fitness)
• Community Education: ensures guest is aware of in-store community bulletin board – for information and resources regarding health, fitness and related community information
• Creates excitement and FUN for our guests on the retail floor
• Receives/processes stock received from warehouse, involving: unpacking, counting, tagging as required, folding, sizing and placing on the floor, with overflow stock in back room and stored areas
• Assists in preparing the store for the day including: replenishing garment styles and other merchandise by color, size, and quantity requirements; folding, sizing, and merchandising as required
• Answers phone inquiries as required
• Ensures stock replenishment in work areas
• Ensures items from change rooms are returned to appropriate area - sized and tagged
• Prepares clothing for alterations; and educating guests regarding timelines for completion
• Arranges for mail and/or delivery, as required, to other locations and/or warehouse
• Completes assigned clean up evening duty
• Utilizes the Point of Sale cash system, processes payments, refunds and exchanges and issues gift cards
• Prepares alterations for pick up the next day
• Unpacks boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh 10 - 30 lbs
• Under the direction of the Store/Assistant Manager performs/completes other additional project, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
GURU MUST HAVE’S (the Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications):
• Passion, knowledge and involvement in physical exercise activities required. We expect that you will be enrolled in participating in weekly fitness activities in and out of the store with the store team
• Strong personal sense of style and athletically minded
• Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly and authentic
• Excellent team player and ability to work independently
• Responsible and dependable
• Proactive and solution-oriented
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• Extraordinary guest interaction, organizational and time management skills
• Ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Completion of grade 12 education – preferred
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
• General computer knowledge.
A GURU’S WORKING DAY (the Hours):
We expect all full-time employees to be available to open and close, at a minimum, twice per week. We expect all part-time employees to be available to open and close a minimum of once per week. Everyone must work one weekend day. Part-time is up to 23 hours per week; full time is 24-40 hours per week. Time is spent educating on the retail floor.
SELF DEVELOPMENT AND LEARNING (the expansion):
Proactively acquires knowledge/education regarding company general information, news bulletins, store policy, processes, quality control, new garments/styles, customer feedback/experiences, and staff information/communiqué.
***** END OF DESCRIPTION *****
It’s a bleeding sales associate job, wrapped in a pretty package. Don’t apply if you aren’t fit and attractive. People with disabilities and over the age of twenty-five will be ignored.
Put a bow on it.
© Copyright 2013 Ima B. Musing: all rights reserved.