Summary of the crème du la crème from Ima’s Bookworm Review Volumes I – III. Pick up these books for the summer. Be aware that I am not drawn to books of blithe spirit but novels of substance. Alphabetized by author.
* Anshu by Juliet S. Kono
Dark, sorrowful and poetic. One of the best books that I have ever read!
* Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
* Plainsong by Kent Haruf
* Spiral by Paul McEuen
* Under Fishbone Clouds by Sam Meekings
* The Water Children by Anne Berry
* Bartender’s Tale by Ivan Doig
* Half Life by Roopa Farooki
* Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
* Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Hurston
* The Uninvited by Liz Jensen
* Oyster: History on the Half Shell by Mark Kurlansky (non-fiction)
* Life of Pi by Yann Martel
* More Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin
* The Cold Cold Ground by Adrain McKinty
* Black Mamba Boy by Natifa Mohamed
* Moon Maze Game by David Niven and Steven Barnes
* Driftless by David Rhodes
* Pirate Queen by Barbara Sjoholm
* A Cavalcade of Lesser Horrors by Peter Smith
* Objects of My Affection by Jill Somolinski
* Strindberg’s Star by Jan Walletin
* Zone One by Colson Whitehead
Fall into a story.
© Copyright 2013 Ima B. Musing: all rights reserved.