Friday, February 21, 2014

MORE JUMPING

I just want a job! I have lost track of the depressing number of resumes/applications that I have sent and the numerous interviews...

Questionnaire from a potential employer:
1) Describe your experience with computers, including entering and locating information in databases.
I have experience with Microsoft Suite and a variety of databases including Access, FileMaker Pro, and Excel. Currently, I utilize an Access-based database for the Program. I enter data and create a variety of reports for our program.

2) Describe your experience obtaining information from a variety of people over the telephone or in person. Include a situation where you were effective in talking with an angry, demanding, and/or upset community person (customer).
Telephone skills are imperative for customer service. I worked as a Telephone Research Assistant. I would conduct a variety of telephone interviews depending upon the project. The most intensive was a 2 to 2.5 hour interview with childcare providers. Currently, I converse with clients and others contacting our Program. Occasionally, a client will call with a complaint. It is important for the person to know that they are being listened to and that their complaint will be responded to in a timely manner. We have the policy of documenting complaints and seeking a resolution within 24 hours. Usually, this is possible and the client is satisfied. If we are not able to locate a solution, I make certain that the client is informed of the progress. As a result, we have a very high satisfaction level from the people that we serve.

3) Describe your experience balancing conflicting job demands.
It is not unusual to have conflicting job demands when there are several projects that need to be completed. It is important to speak with the supervisor to determine which project is the highest priority. It is also important to let people know the status of their project. They may also be under a deadline and sometimes the projects need to shift. I have a lot of experience with disaster response and can manage the stress very well.

4) Describe how you have contributed to a positive work culture and team environment.
Relationship building is an asset to a positive work culture and team environment. It is important to get to know your co-workers, eat with them, and participate in office special activities (such as birthday celebrations). A positive environment begins with a smile and "hello" and I also like to have a dish of sweets at my desk.

5) Describe your experience with facilities providing services to vulnerable adults and/or children.
I currently work with clients, many of who are considered to be vulnerable adult. I also worked for five years with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness clients, which provided housing units for clients.

Thank you for your time and consideration of my responses.
Sincerely,
Ima B. Musing

Hire me!
Copyright © 2014 by Ima B. Musing; All rights reserved

No comments: