Thursday, February 27, 2014

TRAFFIC VERSE

The traffic reporter is my guide;
I shall not want.
He or she makes me to slow down on bad roads;
S/he leads me out of traffic jams.
S/he restores my sanity;
S/he leads me in the paths of faster traffic for everyone's sake.
Yea, though I drive through the valley of the shadow of snow,
I will fear no exhaust ice;
For the DOT is with me;
Your traffic chart with green, amber, and red, they comfort me.
You prepare a graphic before me in the presence of my fear;
You daub my head with relief;
My coffee never runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me on every road trip;
And I will dwell in auto safely forever.

DOT = Department of Transportation provides traffic management charts and live video feed to the reporters who interpret the data. Minnesota's site is http://www.dot.state.mn.us/tmc/trafficinfo/traffic.html

PS No offense intended. Any resemblance to other source material is purely coincidental.

Thank you DOT!
Copyright © 2014 by Ima B. Musing; All rights reserved

No comments: