Monday, March 14, 2011

MONDAY, MARCH 14TH

I thought that I'd do something different and blog a bit every time that I am on line. I'm not on the internet every day but I will write a daily journal when I have the opportunity.

Friday, March 11th: Horrifying to watch the images of the tsunami in Japan. The people didn't have much time to get out of the way and those who were not able to move did not stand a chance against the water and debris. Stuff can be replaced, it is so profoundly tragic for all the people who died and the people who cared about them. Prepare yourself, others and pets as best that you can by gathering items listed at www.ready.gov or www.redcross.org You have a responsiblity to be as prepared as possible.

Saturday: Rain and snow overnight turned into ice. I had to drive to a meeting and it was not fun. Ten other people made it and the roads were much better for the trip home. Filled car with gas $3.54 = disgusting. The big oil companies and speculators are taking advantage of the situation to increase their profits. Greedy bastards!

Sunday: Daylight savings time is a pain in the butt. I have to go around and adjust every clock that I own. At least the cell phone resets itself. Losing or gaining an hour each spring and fall seems silly. I know it is to reduce energy expenditures but I wonder if it really does make an impact.

Monday: Attended an interview for a position that I really would not enjoy. I want to work but it would be nice to actually be interested in the tasks. Good practice to interview. I have sent out about 175 resumes during the past eight months and this is only the third position where I have been interviewed in person. I don't know what I would say if I was offered the job. I need to work but...

To be continued...
(c) 2011

No comments: