Tuesday, January 7, 2014

TILLY’S BIG BOO-BOO

There it was, a wee pile of pooh. I had never been so happy to see cat scat before! Tilly’s gastro-intestinal tract is working. Yeah, I am thrilled that she can shit again. Thus, is the life of a concerned human with an ill feline. Pathetic, yeah - a bit, but I’m sure that people with sick kids feel the same. I am responsible for her health and happiness. When either is threatened, I must do what I can to fix the situation.

Thursday, January 02, 2014 yielded the litter box present. Tilly dashed out of the bathroom. She is still picking at her food. Coaxed her to consume more of the Whiskas Temptations turkey flavored treats and Friskies Ocean Whitefish and Tuna pate wet food. I give her lots of praise when she eats because she has definitely lost weight since Saturday. Normally, she is about eight and a half pounds of trouble. She had dropped to 7.92 pounds when she was discharged on Tuesday night. I gave her the final dose of the anti-inflammatory, which may cause some her lack of appetite.

Thankfully, she has not been crying in pain and is walking around normally. The IV line site seems to have healed though it will take a month or more for the fur to grow back. It is strange to see dark stripes on her skin, which matches the fur. The sunshine is making the house warm despite the terribly cold temperatures outside. Managed to do some cleaning and leave the cats alone for a while. I do check on them hourly. Tilly jumped up on some furniture that I had placed large boxes on and pull off her e-collar. She didn’t seem to have damaged herself but I’m glad that I have a few days of vacation. I didn’t plan to be a nurse to a cat. I’d be worried sick at work and probably not be very productive. Every hour that Tilly is healing is a good step in the right direction.

On December 24th I dreamt that I had trouble breathing, when I looked down my kidney was shoved under my ribs. In the dream I said, “It ought not be there” and awoke enough to remember the dream. Odd, could it of been a premonition about Tilly? Am I so in-tune with the cats that I can feel them? I think that anything is possible. We are all living creatures and I adore these silly pets. On Sunday night I could not warm up, I was shivering and felt nauseated. The next day I mentioned it to someone at work and she said that perhaps I was feeling the after-affects of anesthesia. I think it was probably due to adrenaline but maybe…

Donations for Tilly’s big boo-boo are profoundly prized at www.gofundme.com/Ima-B-Musing The current total is $2,522.83 (swift intake of breath).

PS Part I of this saga was published on Dec 29, 2013.

Love your kitty!
Copyright © 2014 by Ima B. Musing; All rights reserved

No comments: