Saturday, January 11, 2014

TROPICAL DREAMIN’

Frost on the inside of the windows indicates an Artic Inland Hurricane. The Polar Vortex of 2014, North Pole Blast, or whatever you want to call the damn frigid temperatures. The snow squeaks as you quickly stride along. It is fascinating to watch boiling water vaporize when you toss it into the air. A friend of mine froze a t-shirt within a couple minutes of laying it on the ground. Alas, skin freezes within five minutes and a person could die within an hour.

My poor furnace is struggling to keep the cold at bay. My poor pocketbook when I have to pay for these temperatures. I keep the house cool, 58 degrees, but that seems tropical compared to the outside wind-chill. These are the days when I wonder the sanity of residing in the middle of the continent. Dreaming of the tropics…

Spent Sunday, January 5th, at home. Weather has turned too cold to venture outside. I don’t like to go out when it is below zero Fahrenheit. Sort-of watched “Prometheus” it was not a stunning film. Fast-forwarded through the gory parts, I didn’t want nightmares. Viewed “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” fine film. Utilized the forwarding button for songs and fight scenes. I’d like to see the second film as soon as it moves to the cheap theaters. I was perfectly content to have both cats snuggling with me on the couch. Tilly curled up on my chest several times for extra attention. Her e-collar is bothering her but I don’t dare to remove it until the stitches are taken out or later.

Opted to use a vacation day instead of braving –21 degree weather on Monday morning. My boss called to say it was okay but everyone else had made it into the office. When the schools are closed, all businesses should close. I will not endanger my life for a paycheck. As long as I have electricity, heat, water, food and books – I will survive this weather. A bit of cabin fever after being home for almost a week, though. I just hope my plants at work endure.

Photo is Tilly wearing her soft Elizabethan collar.

Stay warm!
Copyright © 2014 by Ima B. Musing; All rights reserved

No comments: